IMC fabricates the Model VCM Vertical Cone Mixers which includes a double spiral design. IMC’s Model VCM provides a uniform mix while minimizing plant floor space. The spiral mixing ribbon creates a 3-dimensional flow of the mixing product. The helical ribbon creates a spiral upward movement on the periphery while also creating a downward flow in the middle. The tight clearances between shell and ribbon blade help improve mixing efficiency. Applications for this design include dry powders, pastes, dough and more. This specific model was optioned with a gear reducer to mix at slower speeds with more power to get through those high viscosity materials. Additionally, the customer’s mixing processes included high temperatures. IMC’s adaptable design allowed for the integration of high temperature bearings and seals. Flange entry is the most requested mounting design by customers, however, here at IMC we are flexible and will work with you to find the best solution for your mixing needs. Contact us today to receive a quote on your personalized mixer!
- Motor, 2 HP, 1750 rpm, 3-phase, 60 Hz, 230/460V, 145 TC, Inverter Duty, 10:1 ratio, explosion proof, Class 1, Group D
- Gear Reducer, SEW, Flange Mounted, Hollow Shaft, 39:1 ratio, Output Speed 43 rpm @ 1750 motor rpm
- Bearing Housing, Stabilizer Bearing, High Temperature Packing Seal, Garlock Style 98
- Mounting Flange, 2” ANSI Standard
- Mixing Shaft, Ground & Polished, 1 ¼” SS304
- Ribbon Impeller, Anchor with 2 Turbines, type AFF, Axial Flow, Pushing Down, and Top Stabilizer Ring
- Cone Bottom Tank, Dome Top with 2” ANSI mixer Mounting Flange (not shown)
IMC Mixer Quote Request
To request more information about a particular mixer and application, or to request a quote, fill out our request form below.